Thursday 24 November 2011

Bartering and Surveys

The guys at Burton Waters were very effecient given the fact that this was probably a pocketchange compared to the other boats for sale. The bartering went back and forth a bit, the age old 'Ah we had a couple come back today to have another look at the boat' was used by BW, whether this was true or not I'll never know, so my impatience got the better of me and an offer was accepted, £500 less than advertised. A small win, but a win none-the-less.

Two conditions of sale were that I should be able to take the boat out for a sea trial and that the survey should obviously not throw up any issues.

It was all down to the surveyor next. I called up boat surveyors in the vicinity of Ipswhich. I can't remember how much exactly it costs, but it was around the £500 mark. I told the surveyor that I wanted to be there when he surveyed the boat as I was a complete noob, so anything that I could pick up from his years of surveying would be very much appreciated, and of course I would keep out of his way when required, this was agreed upon and was a great reassurance. I recommend doing this to all new boat buyers.

The report came back, everything was fine with only a few suggestions which related to additional jubilee clips on hoses, though nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment